Norway Rats are a problem pest on Long Island. With the weather growing colder, Suburban Exterminating is receiving more calls about rodents coming inside. Please give us a call if you think that you have a rodent problem before the problem grows (631) 864-6900 | (516) 864-6900 | (631) 287-6900 We’re happy to provide a free inspection and quote.
- Rats can grow up to 12 inches long and can squeeze through openings no bigger than a quarter.
- While Long Island only has the Norway Rat, other parts of the country have both roof rats and Norway Rats.
- Rat’s strong teeth allow them to chew through cinderblock, wood, wire, aluminum and lead.
- Rats can’t see very well but their other senses (smell, taste, touch and sound) help direct them to food.
- Rats spread a ton of disease! And don’t forget the trail of urine and crap that they leave behind!