Spring is a season of new growth including colonies of termites, carpenter ants and more. Time for spring cleaning and more! Outlined below are some spring cleaning tips to help you to prevent invading insects.
Spring Cleaning Tips to Prevent Pest Problems
- Clean out your gutters. Clogged gutters causes rainwater to flow outside your gutters which causes leaks and more problems. Moist and damaged wood attracts insects like termites and carpenter ants. Mosquitoes and other bugs breed in stagnant water.
- Keep tree branches and other bushes trimmed away from your home. Ants, other insects and wildlife use tree limbs to gain access.
- Take out the garbage and put away food after you’ve eaten. Wipe up food spills. And yes, your pet’s food should be put away and cleaned up, too!
- Replace any broken screens or vent covers. Check that the seal on your garage door is in good repair.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and five inches from the ground.
- Repair any leaky pipes.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home including around your pipes and other utilities.
Call a qualified pest control professional – Suburban Exterminating- for additional advice and treatment. Suburban Exterminating is here to help! Call today (631) 864-6900 | (516) 864-6900 | (631) 287-6900
Thanks again, Mike, for this graphic!