Pest Control Tips for Fall and Winter
Cold weather is right around the corner. Just like you, mice, rats, squirrels, raccoons and more are looking to spend more time indoors. This year, mice and rat populations have significantly increased. Here’s a couple of our latest emails from Long Islander’s who are dealing with an invasion! Suburban Exterminating is happy to help you to protect your family and home from a pest invasion. Please give us a call for a free inspection (516) 864-6900 or (631) 864-6900 or (631)287-6900. You can also reach us by text!
“I'm hearing noises in my bedroom and need someone to look at it urgently. This is upstairs and near a fireplace. I thought I heard something yesterday as well, but the noise woke me up about 30 min ago, it is 3:20 am now.” Miller Place homeowner
“I think some type of animal is living in my garage, or the wall of the house, squirrel, chipmunk, mouse, god forbid, rat.” Oyster Bay homeowner
“I have what I believe to be a squirrel that got into my attic through a roof vent and is now living in there.” Mastic homeowner
“Squirrel nest in eaves to be removed and fix eaves to prevent any more intrusions.” Bellmore homeowner
Pest Control Tips for this Fall
Below are some pest control tips which help to prevent a home pest invasion.
- Keep tree limbs cut back away from your roof.
- Screen attic vents and openings to chimneys, and any other areas where homes may be open to the outdoors. Check to make sure that you have a chimney cap.
- Seal cracks and crevices on the outside of the home using caulk and steel wool. Pay close attention to where utility pipes enter the structure. Some rodents can fit through a hole the size of a dime.
- Replace weather-stripping on your garage door and other doors.
- Avoid leaving pets’ food dishes out for long periods of time. Pests don’t discriminate between people food and cat food. Pet dishes that have been left sitting out are enticing for all kinds of insects and rodents.
Need more pest control tips? Find them here!