Natural pest control, Green pest control and Integrated Pest Management concentrate on keeping pests out of your home in the first place. Suburban Exterminating is committed to helping out fellow Long Islanders in this regard. We practice Integrated Pest Management which is recognized by the EPA and others as an environmentally friendly, common sense approach to controlling pests.
Tips for Natural Pest Control
Suburban Exterminating provides professional pest control services to most of Long Island. As professionals, we keep up with industry trends and provide continuous education to all of our staff. A couple of our experts – entomologists on our staff – Lynn Frank, Bill Somerville and Richard Sparling share their top tips on how Long Island homeowners can prevent pests.
- Repair leaking pipes and faucets! Insects and other pests look for water sources to survive.
- Keep your pet’s food dish out only when they are eating. You don’t want to share pet food with insects or rodents!
- Remove garbage regularly from your home. Keep a lid on your trash can!
- Chimney caps can prevent animals from gaining access to inside your home.
- Stop leaking pipes and eliminate standing water.
- Install a dehumidifier if your basement or cellar is damp.
- Take Mom’s advice and keep it clean! Wipe kitchen counters often. Sweep and vacuum. Run your garbage disposal daily. Take out the trash. Do the dishes.
- Install door sweeps at the base of all exterior entry doors. Don’t forget about your garage door sweep!
- Trim overhanging branches and overgrown shrubs. They can provide easy entry to your roof and other entries to your home.
- Caulk cracks around windows, doors and other entry points.
- Empty standing water which can be a mosquito breeding spot. Don’t forget your bird baths and children’s toys.
- Place your unused grass seed in a container. Grass seed is a feast for mice!
- Move firewood away from your home. A few extra steps can prevent carpenter ants and termites from moving from the wood pile into your home. It’s worth the extra steps. Termite and carpenter ant damage can cost homeowners thousands of dollars of repair costs. Don’t give ants and termites a break!
These tips represent a few ways that pests can be prevented. Suburban Exterminating is here to help Long Islanders battle pests which can cause allergies, diseases and property damage. Call or text today (631) 864-6900 or (516) 864-6900.