A musty odor may be the first sign of mold and mildew. You may also see visible green or black spots on surfaces where mold is growing. Inspect your home where you see water stains.
Mold Cleanup and Removal
Visible mold may be cleaned with detergent and water on hard surfaces. Dry the items completely!
Carpeting, wallboard, ceiling tile, wallpaper, fabric, upholstered furniture and mattresses should be thrown away if they have water damage. These items absorb and hold moisture. You may not be able to see the mold and the mold will continue to grow.
If you need to remove drywall and insulation, Suburban can help. Our skilled carpenters can also repair walls.
Remember mold lives everywhere. Mold can grow on virtually any substance if water is present. Mildew is mold in its early stage. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, walls, and foods. There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment. The best way to control mold is to control moisture.
Mold can potentially cause allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory complaints. For more information, check out EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) Mold Remediation for Homeowners
Suburban Mold and Remediation Techniques (S.M.A.R.T.)
Suburban Mold is a division of Suburban Exterminating, a local company that has been serving Long Islanders for over 50 years and a name you can trust. Suburban has partnerships with accredited environmental diagnostics laboratories providing DNA level testing for mold.
For additional assistance on your flood damaged home or building, please call Suburban Mold (631/516) 864-6900.