Suburban Exterminating Promotes Pest Expert
Smithtown, NY January 25, 2018 – Pest Control leader Suburban Exterminating announced the Promotion of Patrick Mathe to the position of Assistant Technical Director. The announcement was made by Bill Somerville, General Manager.
“Mathe’s aptitude and contributions have been invaluable and he embodies so many wonderful traits of our company. His commitment and education will continue to enhance our customer service focus and the future growth of Suburban Exterminating.” Said Somerville.
Long Island Pest Control Expert
In this role, Patrick will be assisting our Technical Director, Lynn Frank, providing expert technical information and support to Suburban Exterminating technicians and customers. He’ll also help to train new employees, implement pest control service procedures and evaluate new services and products.
Patrick has a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration from Briarcliff College where he graduated Cum Laude. He also has a Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health Administration from Columbia Southern University where he graduated Magna Cum Laude.
With over 10 years of pest control experience, Patrick has become an expert by completing many courses including:
· AIB Certification on common food pests and how to prevent them.
· Completion of Purdue University Urban Integrated Pest Management (IPM) courses for developing and implementing safe, effective IPM programs in sensitive public areas such as schools, daycares, restaurants, museums, hospitals, and parks.
· NY Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator license
· NY Certification in Category 7A Structural & Rodent Control to control rodents, roaches, ants, fleas, ticks and stinging and biting insects within or associated with structures.
· NY Certification in Category 7B Fumigation for rodent control in structures, rodent and mole control (fumigation of burrows), pest control in restaurants and other food processing establishments.
· NY Certification in Category 7C Identify and treat termite species.
· NY Certification in Category 7F Food processing. Required to treat areas, other than individual residences, where exposed food or food products are prepared, packaged or held for further distribution or consumption, including the use of fumigants to control appropriate food pests.
· NY Certification in Category 8: Public Health Pest Control to use or supervise the use of pesticides in public health programs across Long Island.
Patrick is a proud veteran of the United States Army and enjoys watching his 3 children play for the Rocky Point Eagles. When he is not spending time with his children, he is working on his Master’s Degree in Entomology online at the University of Nebraska. He’s expecting his first bug specimens to arrive in the mail any day now– a horned worm and a hissing cockroach!
We’re so glad that Patrick is part of the Suburban Exterminating team!