Red, White, Blue, and Bug-Free
There’s nothing more patriotic than a bug-free barbecue on the 4th of July.
Happy Independence Day!
You don’t want those nosy neighbors to know you can’t get rid of mosquitoes, and you certainly don’t want to deal with a crying kid’s bee sting after you’ve had a few margaritas (another favorite American past time). So, what can you do? Hand out citronella bands at the door and give the youngsters some firecrackers to hopefully scare away the bugs? I don’t think so.
Suburban Exterminating wants you to be able to grill and spread your ketchup in peace. We offer “party sprays” which are a temporary but effective solution to annoying pests such as mosquitoes. We hope you’ll let us care for the problem properly, but if you’re in a rush to get your backyard in tip-top shape by the 4th, we strongly suggest these party sprays.
Natural Tips to Avoid Bees
- Dry your hair. – Bees will be attracted to your potent shampoo/conditioner.
- Wear dull-colored clothes. Also avoid floral prints. – This should be obvious, but the bright colors and floral prints remind the bees of flowers they need to pollinate.
- Over-seed your lawn. – The seeds repel bees.
- Avoid sweet-scented perfumes. – Again, they’re reminded of flowers.
- Wear hats. – Bees associate fuzzy animals (hair) with things trying to steal their honey.
Natural Tips to Avoid Mosquitoes
- Light a citronella candle. – There’s just something about these candles. Buy a lot though. I suggest tiki torches this 4th.
- Buy a citronella plant. – Don’t let the name fool you. These plants actually attract mosquitoes, so be sure to place it away from your party to direct bug traffic that-a-way.
- Place pure vanilla around your pulse points. – While the vanilla will attract bees, the mosquitoes will be surprisingly repulsed.
- Keep something lavender-scented around. – Again, you’ll attract bees, but the scent of lavender will keep the mosquitoes away.
- Serve Garlic. – You may not get a 4th of July kiss (which, if it isn’t a thing, it should be), but you won’t get a mosquito bite either!
- Don’t eat bananas or exercise. – Both of these things cause your body to release lactic acid which attracts mosquitoes.
For all your pest problems, call Suburban Exterminating on Long Island 864-6900.
Happy 4th of July!