Summertime – Anytime - Pest Control Tips
People don’t usually start thinking about pest prevention until it’s too late! Because Suburban Exterminating practices Integrated Pest Management, we try our best to educate customers with ways to keep pests out of their home. Integrated Pest Management is recognized by the EPA and others as an environmentally friendly, common sense approach to controlling pests.
Suburban Exterminating provides professional pest control services to most of Long Island. As professionals, we keep up with industry trends and provide continuous education to all of our staff. A couple of our experts - entomologists on our staff - Lynn Frank, Bill Somerville, Bob Wiemer and Richard Sparling share their top tips on how Long Island homeowners can prevent pests.
Top Summer – Anytime- Pest Control Tips
Our experts make the following recommendations to avoid pests all year long:
- Repair leaking pipes and faucets! Insects and other pests look for water sources to survive.
- Keep your pet’s food dish out only when they are eating. You don’t want to share pet food with insects or rodents!
- Remove garbage regularly from your home. Keep a lid on your trash can!
- Install door sweeps at the base of all exterior entry doors. Don’t forget about your garage door sweep!
- Overhanging branches and overgrown shrubs can provide easy entry to your roof and other entries to your home.
- Caulk cracks around windows, doors and other entry points.
- Standing water can be a mosquito breeding spot including bird baths and children’s toys.
To solve your pest problem, give Suburban Exterminating a call (516) 864-6900 | (631) 864-6900 today!