If you’re reading this article, you must have mice! Sorry to hear that – mice leave drops of urine in their trail and can carry fleas, mites, ticks and lice with them! They also spread bacteria like salmonella.Mice are very resourceful and can squeeze through openings as small as a nickel! They look for warm places to stay in the winter. You may not have even noticed them at first. A small problem can turn into a big issue overnight since they reproduce quickly. A female house mouse can have 6 babies every 3 weeks!How to Keep Mice Out of Your House
Here are some preventative tips to proactively keep mice and other rodents OUT!
- Install door sweeps.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your home. Don’t forget your chimney and around your pipes.
- Repair or replace weather stripping around your basement windows.
- Screen vents and openings to your chimney.
- Store food in containers.
- Take out your garbage regularly.
Getting rid of mice and other rodents is important for your health. Call Suburban Exterminating today (631) 864-6900 or (516) 864-6900 or contact us here.