Cozy Up Your Home for Winter Hibernation
Bring on the cold weather, cozy sweaters and hot chocolate. Winter is just around the corner. What are you doing to prepare for the cold?
Protect Your Home from Pests
Winterizing is one of the best ways to protect yourself from pests. After all, you’re not the only one who is looking for a warm, comfortable place to live this winter.
• Your garage door is the biggest entrances to your home. Make sure that your weather stripping is in good shape.
• Keep trash cans tightly closed to keep away rodents and wildlife.
• Clean gutters of leaves, twigs and stagnant water where bugs can hibernate and snack.
• Fill any holes around pipes, vents or windows.
• Keep your firewood away from the foundation. Cut back any shrubs or bushes away from your home.
• A chimney cap keeps animals, rain and dirt out. If you have an older home, you may not have a cap.
If you need help with any of these pest proofing chores, please contact Suburban Exterminating at (631) 864-6900 or (516) 864-6900. Our family is here to protect yours from pests.