Begin Tick Protection Today
Many areas of Long Island have already seen ticks in their yards and on their pets. Sightings will increase as the weather gets warmer and because our deer population is rising. Ticks hitchhike on deer and other animals. They have 4 stages: egg, six-legged larva, eight-legged nymph, and adult. After the egg stage, ticks must eat blood to survive. When ticks eat our blood, they spread Lyme disease, Borrelia miyamotoi infection, Ehrlichiosis, and many more diseases.
A single springtime treatment in your yard can reduce your tick population by 68-100%. This treatment is a chemical control agent. Call today for a free estimate.
Other ways that you can prevent ticks include:
- Keep your yard clean by removing leaves.
- Keep your kid’s play areas away from shrubs, bushes and other vegetation.
- Keep your grass trimmed.
- Put wood chips or gravel between your lawn and wooded areas.
- Do what you can to keep deer out. Get rid of plants that deer enjoy and fence when possible.
- Read more about preventing ticks from the Center for Disease Control here.
Long Island is the home to the American dog tick, blacklegged tick, brown dog tick and lone star tick.
Contact Suburban Exterminating to schedule your tick prevention treatment at (631) 864-6900 or (516) 864-6900 today.