- Don’t think a more expensive hotel will be clear of bed bugs; bed bugs are not an issue of sanitation.
- Thoroughly investigate the room before unpacking. Bring a small flashlight to help in dark areas. The headboard is the most likely place to find a bedbug.
- Store luggage in the bathroom or on top of counters or dressers.
- When repacking, put all clothes in plastic bags.
- Unpack bags at home outdoors, store luggage in the garage, and wash clothes immediately in hot water.
Detailed Bed Bug Inspection
Getting rid of bed bugs in your home is near impossible without the help of professionals. The National Pest Management Association released a short video on preventative measures against bed bugs. Awareness and inspection are the keys to avoiding bed bugs in any situation!