Each year in the weeks leading up to Earth Day, it’s the perfect time to reflect on our own ecological footprints and consider ways we can protect our planet in our everyday lives. At Suburban Exterminating, we take green pest control seriously year-round. Our company understands the importance of pest control services that are sensitive not only to your family and furry friends but the environment as a whole, which is why we offer several ways you can protect your home from pests with the environment in mind.
What Are Green Pest Control Services?
As stated by Suburban Exterminating General Manager and Entomologist, William Somerville, when it comes to green pest control, “Earth-friendly, natural, pet-friendly all mean the same thing to us. Insects are beneficial to us in many ways, however when they enter your home, threaten your health or your wellbeing, they become pests.”
Suburban Exterminating is Green Shield Certified, meaning our Long Island pest control business not only knows how to eliminate pests, but is able to do so with the insects’ biology, behaviors, and conditions in mind in order to more effectively control the pests in your home with your family’s health and the environment in mind.
What is Integrated Pest Management?
Integrated Pest Management is a sustainable, science-based approach used by Suburban Exterminating which allows us to identify, manage, and reduce risk from household pests on Long Island. As opposed to eliminating pests through the heavy use of chemicals inside your home, Integrated Pest Management may include:
- Inspection of your home to detect existing infestations and high-risk areas
- Careful selection and application of pest control products that target problem areas specifically, while protecting your family, pets, and the environment
- Placement of exterior rodent bait stations
- Recommendations to help ensure a pest-free environment through improved sanitation and home maintenance
- Last resort pest control with organic pesticides if it’s determined that is the only solution, in which case Suburban Exterminating will select natural pesticides which are recognized as green or organic solutions
Not only does Suburban Exterminating offer Integrated Pest Management as part of our everyday methodology, but we are also members of the following organizations:
- The U.S. EPA’s Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program
- National Pest Management Association
- Long Island Pest Control Association
- Entomological Association of America
- Integrated Pest Management of North America
Go Green with the Sentricon Termite Baiting System
As opposed to conventional termite treatments, which involve drilling deep trenches around your home’s foundation and creating a barrier of liquid termite treatment called termiticide, Suburban Exterminating offers an eco-friendly alternative to protect your home from termite damage. The Sentricon System is a drill-free alternative that protects your home from termites through the use of termite bait stations that go in the grass around your home.
Not only are Sentricon stations literally green(!), but the Sentricon Termite Baiting System offers key green pest control benefits, including:
- Minimal use of active ingredient. The Sentricon System uses a few grams of active ingredient on your entire property, whereas a liquid termite treatment requires hundreds of gallons of chemicals.
- Targeted nature of its active ingredient, which is very specific to termites
- Reduced risk of pesticides
- Winner of the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award
Benefits of Green Pest Control
Not only is using environmentally-friendly pest control methods an effective way to control household pests while minimizing the use of products, but there are several other key perks of going the green home pest control route.
- Green pest control methods are just as effective, if not more, than traditional pest control techniques. More product doesn’t equal better pest control! With our Integrated Pest Management methodology, we work to address the true causes of underlying pest issues, targeting the specific behaviors of your household pests in our treatment plan, as opposed to blindly treating your home with pest control chemicals. With our targeted solutions, you’ll see more effective long-term results.
- With eco-friendly pest control, there’s no need to evacuate your home for a pest control service. Our products are safe for use around humans and pets and don’t leave you with a harsh, lingering smell you can’t quite get out of your nose.
- Your home will be serviced on a monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly service schedule in order to keep pests at bay without excessive use of chemicals.
- Our methodology is trusted not only in Long Island households, but by industries requiring highly sensitive pest control applications, such as restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, and schools.
Eco-Friendly Pest Control on Long Island
If you’re looking for an organic pest control company, look no further. Suburban Exterminating is Long Island’s leading exterminator, providing eco-friendly pest control to families like yours. To schedule a free inspection for your home, call or text (631) 864-6900 today!
Happy Earth Month from Suburban Exterminating!