6 Ways to Avoid Ants in Your Home
Pest control is all about keeping pests out! Here are some simple steps which you can take to avoid ants in your home.
Keeping Ants Out of Your Home
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water near a home.
- Keep tree branches and other shrubbery well-trimmed and away from the house.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and five inches from the ground.
- Keep food in sealed containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Keep pet food and water dishes clean and remove any spilled food.
If you suspect an ant infestation, contact a licensed pest professional to identify the species and recommend a course of treatment. Suburban Exterminating is your pest professional choice on Long Island. Call us at (516) 864-6900 or (631) 864-6900.